We love Italian food, so when Americano asked us if we’d like to join them to try out their new seasonal menu and Apertivo Hour we were delighted!
Americano has a laid-back, intimate vibe. We love how it’s dimly lit with lots of tiny candles. The food is Italian-American; think neapolitan style pizzas, house made pastas, and entrees (we love the chicken parmigiana). They also have a beautiful long bar serving up cocktails, beer and wine. On days when the weather’s nice ask to sit on the patio.
Fantastic news! Americano just launched an Apertivo Hour, a fun twist on the traditional Happy Hour. It’s offered daily from 4:00 p.m. – 7:00 p.m. and features a number of cocktails, beer and wine specials. An ‘Aperol Spritz’ is sure to get you in a festive mood! The ‘Death in Venice’ is also an excellent choice.
So, what’s an apertivo? Aperitivo describes both the ritual of going out for a pre-dinner drink, as well as the type of drink that you have. Examples are prosecco, vermouth, Campari, or Aperol served by themselves or mixed with other ingredients. Having an ‘aperitif’ is an important part of Italian social life and is as much about the food and drink as it is about socializing!
We love the decor at Americano. It’s casual and cozy with a bit of whimsy and bold pops of color too. Perfect for a date night or night out with the girls.
What to Order
- Fried olives stuffed with calabrian chili sausage
- Burrata with prosciutto and ciabatta
- Smoked chicken sausage pizza with jalapeños, mozzarella, fontina calabrian chili oil (pictured above) this is definitely for the person who loves some extra heat
- Their lasagna, pappardelle and spaghetti options all sound delicious and the pasta is made in house
- Chicken parmigiana (fantastic!)
- The seafood options also look amazing