This ‘Carrot & Leek Soup‘ is absolutely delightful! We made it for a Whole30 dinner party and everyone asked for the recipe! #Victory
It’s a beautiful soup for the winter as it is incredibly warming with aromatic ingredients such as cardamon and fresh ginger. You’re sure to enjoy this healthy and clean ‘Carrot & Leek Soup’ just as much as we do. Bonus, it also makes your kitchen smell amazing!
Recipe: Carrot & Leek Soup
- 1 tablespoon ghee
- 2 leeks, white and light green parts, rinsed (remove all dirt and grit!), and thinly sliced
- 1 1/2 pound bag of large carrots, peeled and cut into bit size discs
- 1/2 cup diced red or green apple
- 2 teaspoons minced fresh ginger
- 1 teaspoon ground cardamom
- 1/2 teaspoon turmeric
- 4 cups chicken stock or vegetable stock/broth if you want to make it vegetarian
- ½ cup full-fat coconut milk
- Freshly ground black pepper
- Himalayan salt
- Optional: lemon or lime for finishing
- Melt the ghee in a pot over medium heat. Add the cleaned and sliced leeks, along with a pinch of salt and pepper, and sauté on low until translucent, about 7 minutes.
- Throw in the carrots, apple, ginger, cardamom, and turmeric and stir until aromatic, about 4 minutes.
- Pour in the broth and bring to a boil.
- Turn the heat to low. Cover and simmer until the carrots can be easily pierced with a fork, about 25 minutes.
- Turn off the heat and stir in the coconut milk. Yum!
- Purée the carrot and leek soup directly in the pot with an immersion blender. Remember to be gentle and careful, you don’t want hot soup flying up at you! Also, have patience and purée until smooth, this will take a few minutes. Trust us, you’re going to love how velvety smooth this soup is.
- Taste and adjust seasonings to your liking with salt and pepper.
- Optional: Spritz some fresh lemon or lime over the top of the soup for added zing and freshness.
Emily & Barbie
Pictures by Stephanie Drenka