Baked Brie with Orange Marmalade, Pomegranates & Pecans
Friends! Thanksgiving is tomorrow! Can you tell we’re excited?! Thanksgiving is one of our favorite holidays as food, family and friends are the focus. On Sunday we hosted our first Friendsgiving in Emily’s new home and we all had a fantastic time. You can read all about it here: HOW TO HOST A MEMORABLE FRIENDSGIVING
Now onto the baked brie holiday appetizer, this was one of the standout dishes from our friendsgiving potluck, and so many of our friends came up to us asking for the recipe. It’s easy to make with minimal prep and cooking plus the quick assembly is also fun and you get to be creative in how you plate this festive holiday appetizer.
- 1 wheel of your favorite brie
- 1 tbsp orange marmalade
- 1 dried or fresh orange slices
- 1 handful of pomegranate seeds
- 1 handful of pecans or walnuts
- Fresh rosemary
- Take brie and unwrap from packaging
- Then place the brie back into wood container and score with a pairing knife
- Set the brie in wooden box (lid off) onto a baking sheet and bake at 400 degrees for 15 - 20 min
- While the brie is baking prep other ingredients and slice baguette on a horizontal
- When brie is done baking set it on a serving platter and arrange the baguette slices around it
- Then top brie with marmalade (spread evenly), orange slices, pomegranate seeds and chopped pecans
- Take your rosemary and place between baguette slices for even more freshness
- Bon Appetit!
* Recipe inspired by one of our favorite food bloggers Honey Suckle Catering
For this baked brie holiday appetizer recipe we were able to buy everything we needed at Trader Joe’s. The Martin-Collet Double Creme Brie was decadent and perfect for this recipe. See below on how to score the brie.
All you need to do is take your pairing knife, a kitchen essential, and follow the lines of the brie and then cut lengthwise so you end up with little squares. This helps the orange marmalade, pomegranate seeds and chopped pecans mix into the delicious double creme brie as your guests are cutting into it and serving themselves.
Speaking of Thanksgiving, check out our TOP 10 MUST – KNOW FRIENDSGIVING ENTERTAINING TIPS // our THANKSGIVING OUTFITS // our FAVORITE FALL COOKBOOKS and // LINK LOVE posts for more inspiration for all of your holiday cooking & hosting needs!
SHOP THE PLATE
PIN FOR LATER
Em & Barbie
Share with us your favorite holiday appetizers in the comments below!