Cheesy & Creamy Caprese Gnocchi with Garlic and Tomatoes paired with the best Rosa Sauce recipe
This post is sponsored by BabbleBoxx.com on behalf of Bertolli®
Some of the best Valentine’s Day dinners happen when you decide to stay in and cook at home. I love researching romantic and easy to make recipes that taste indulgent and put you in the mood to celebrate. When thinking of a romantic evening in I love making different types of pasta. No stress and always delicious!
To make things even easier, I reach for tried and true savory sauces that when mixed together take any pasta dish from ordinary to extraordinary. In this Valentine’s Day recipe I mix Bertolli® Traditional Marinara Sauce with Bertolli® Alfredo With Aged Parmesan Cheese Sauce to whip up a deliciously satisfying Rosa Sauce, that’s sure to impress your Valentine! If you’ve never tried Rosa Sauce before you are in for a treat. It’s super creamy and flavorful that will leave you wanting more. The first time I made this for my husband he went back for seconds and then wished we had enough for thirds. Yes, it was that good!
Best Rosa Sauce Recipe!
There are many Italian pasta sauces you can pick up at your favorite grocer and Bertolli is a wonderful go-to as it’s made from the region it was born from – Tuscany. It’s made in the traditional Tuscan way and that means that it is cooked lightly with olive oil creating multiple layers of fresh flavor that’s always consistent. Any pasta lover knows that the sauce is a crucial part of this dish and that’s way it’s important to have a delicious one that helps you cut down on cooking time and minimizes any stresses so you can relax and enjoy a wonderful dining experience faster.
What we used:
Bertolli® Traditional Marinara with Italian Herbs and Fresh Garlic:
- Try it tonight and enter your ZIP Code to find a store carrying this sauce!
- Juicy Tomatoes, Italian herbs and fresh garlic cooked lightly with olive oil to create a favorite Tuscan Classic
Bertolli® Alfredo With Aged Parmesan Cheese:
- Enter your ZIP Code after clicking the link to discover where this tasty sauce is sold
- Create Indulgent Italian favorites with Alfredo made from fresh cream and aged Parmesan cheese! Mixing this into the marinara is one of my favorite ways to make an extra creamy sauce . YUM!
Mix it up!
Still dreaming of how yummy and satisfying this savory Rosa sauce gnocchi recipe was! It’s generously covered in creamy Rosa sauce emphasizing juicy tomatoes and zesty garlic. It’s seriously so good and perfect for your Valentine’s Day date night!
- 3 tbps Bertolli® Organic Extra Virgin Olive Oil divided
- 2 packages (16 ounce each) ready-to-cook potato or cauliflower gnocchi
- 1-2 pints organic grape tomatoes halved
- 4 cloves garlic thinly sliced
- 1 jar (15 ounces) Bertolli® Alfredo with Aged Parmesan Cheese Sauce
- 1 jar (24 ounces) Bertolli® Traditional Marinara with Italian Herbs & Fresh Garlic Sauce
- 3 cups packed organic baby spinach leaves
- 8 ounces mini fresh mozzarella balls (pearls)
- ½ cup grated Parmigiano-Reggiano cheese
- ¼ cup fresh basil leaves torn
- Heat 2 tablespoons olive oil in a 12-inch nonstick skillet on medium-high heat. Gently separate gnocchi and add to pan; stir gently to coat with oil. Cook, undisturbed, 4-6 min. or until bottoms are golden brown. Toss, cook an additional 2-3 min. or until browned on both sides. Transfer to baking sheet or large platter.
- Heat remaining olive oil in same skillet on medium-high heat. Add tomatoes and garlic. Cook 2-3 min. or until tomatoes begin to shrivel and blister making sure that garlic does not burn. Add in spinach and cook for 1 -2 minutes until wilted. Add in both sauces already mixed together and bring to a boil. Then drop the heat to a medium to low simmer.
- Return gnocchi to skillet. Reduce heat to medium. Add cheeses; cook 1-2 min. or until heated through. Serve immediately, top with basil. and enjoy!
Wishing you the happiest of Valentine’s Days!