We partnered with buybuy BABY to bring to you our essential baby registry items for the first time mom. Ever since having our babies we’ve been keeping a list of our baby registry must-haves to share. Of course after registering, having our baby showers and then having the babies there were still things we needed. We’ve added those in here and in turn have created the ultimate buybuy baby registry list for you to work off of!
This post is in partnership with buybuy BABY. All opinions are our own!
Why Register With buybuy BABY?
- They have everything you could possibly need all in one place
- You can shop online or in store. I usually prefer shopping online but it’s fun to shop in person and everyone there is helpful
- buybuy BABY offers registry consultants that work with you in-store and help custom fit your registry to your needs
- The staff is extremely knowledgeable & friendly
- They gift you samples, coupons and when you refer a friend you get $25 credit!
What To Add To Your buybuy Baby Registry
Below are our baby registry essentials from the following categories organized for you: Diapering, Feeding, Bath Time, Nap time, Soothe & Safe Sleep plus a few extras!
- Honest Diapers: We love Honest Diapers! They’re non-toxic, soft and come in pretty patterns. Eleanor has never had a leak in them either and that’s not the case for other diaper brands we’ve tried out.
- Honest Diaper Cream & Honest Balm: We use these on Eleanor and they work great. Love that they’re nontoxic and made with clean ingredients.
- Water Wipes
- Keekaroo Peanut Changer: Total game changer! Love how easy this is to clean!
- Ubbi Diaper Pail + bags: Yes, you do need one of these! Keep unpleasant odors contained with this great diaper pail.
- Dr. Brown’s Bottles & Bottle Warmer Set: This set comes with everything you need. Great gift for a first time mom! We love Dr. Browns! Both of our babies got colic a little after being 1 month old and switching over to these bottles have helped so much! Highly recommend!
- Dapple Soap: This soap is all natural and works great getting those bottles clean and milk scum off. We also love the Honest soap.
- Dryer Rack
- Medela Sanitizing Microwave BagMedela® Freestyle® Double Electric Hands-Free Breastpump: I was able to get this through my insurance so make sure you check before buying as these can be pricey but are an absolute essential for breast milk pumping mamas.
- Medela Easy Expression Bustier Bra: All moms who are pumping need this bra! It is a life safer! Seriously, I still can’t believe that I actually would sit there holding the pumping parts for 20+ minutes before a friend told me about this bra. Thank goodness she did! It helps with handsfree pumping so you can put those minutes spent pumping to better use.
- Freezer Bags for milk storage.
- Burt’s Bees Organic Burp Cloths: These are super soft and the perfect size to throw over your shoulder while burping baby.
NAP TIME, SOOTHE & SAFE SLEEP
- HALO Bassinest Swivel Sleeper: This is our #1 essential! We love our HALO Bassinest so much! It rotates 360º, is very sturdy, has breathable mesh sides and fits right next to your bed so your baby can sleep close to you and still be in her own safe sleep area. It’s unique design makes it easy to soothe and tend to your baby whenever you need.
- HALO SleepSack: We have about five of these on rotation and they also come in preemie if you need them that small like we did with Eleanor.
- Hush sound Machine:This helps the babies calm down when they’re crying and not wanting to sleep. We love that it’s also portable. Serious must-have!
- Philips Avent Soothie Pacifiers: The hospital sent us home with these and you can also buy them at buybuy BABY. Both babies love them! Another, brand of pacifier we love is Tommee Tippee.
- BABYBJORN Bouncer Balance: Eleanor had colic and started spitting up and this has been wonderful to help keep her more up right especially after feedings. She really loves it and is getting to where she can bounce herself in it without our assistance. It’s very soft, easy to set up and the ergonomic design provides proper support, while its rocking action helps develop motor skills and balance in a more natural way.
- Zip-Up Footie Pajamas: How cute are these ones with flamingos on them?! We’ve been buying a lot of Carter’s and Burts Bees for them to wear under their HALO SleepSacks.
- 4 Moms Bath Tub: This comes highly recommend and has a built in digital thermometer.
- Blooming Baby Bath: We also have this and it’s been great for when they were newborns and we bathed them in the sink since they were so tiny.
- Mustela Everything! We love Mustela products so much! Both of us have very sensitive skin so we wanted to make sure that what we use on our babies to keep them clean wouldn’t break them out. We’re incredibly happy with Mustela as it’s very gentle on their skin and still gets them clean. Plus it’s made with safe plant-based ingredients made for a newborn’s delicate skin. We use Mustela products for bath time, hydration, diaper changes, and quick clean-ups.
- Wash Cloths: We like these organic ones from Burt’s Bees.
- Hooded Baby Towels: So cute! Wonderful for wrapping baby up and drying them off quickly.
- UPPAbaby Mesa Infant Carseat: We have this and love it. So many safety features! Easy to install and fits right onto the UPPAbaby Vista stroller. Plus it’s lighter in weight than most so makes it much easier to carry.
- UPPAbaby Vista Stroller: We have this and love it! Super high-quality and easy to travel with.
- UPPAbaby Vista Travel Bag: Elenor went on her first flight a few weeks ago and this stroller bag was great in keeping our Vista from getting banged up at the airport and in transit.
- HALO Bassinest Portable Stand: We love our HALO Bassinest so much that we don’t want them to sleep in anything else currently during the night. It’s really the only thing we trust while we’re needing to sleep at the same time due to the safety measures they take in making the HALO Bassinest. Given that, we have this portable stand and not only use it in our house but also when we go on road trips so our HALO Bassinest can come with us.
- Freshly Picked Diaper Bag Backpack: Love the chic look of this everyday essential. Stylish and functional, with 10 pockets and a generously sized central space for larger items. Great for on the go!
- Petunia Pickle Bottom Downtown Tote Bag: features 6 interior pockets, 1 outer zipper pocket, polished metal hardware, and genuine leather shoulder straps. Stylish, versatile, and also includes changing pad and wipes case.
- Wraplillebaby COMPLETE ALL SEASONS Baby Carrier in Stone: Offering ergonomic carrying comfort, with lumbar support, breathable and insulated fabric construction, plus 6 ways to carry baby from infancy to the toddler years!
- Moby Ring Sling: Quick and easy to put on! Nice for wearing around the house or out with friends.
- Medela Harmony™ Manual Breastpump: Great for pumping on the go. There will be times when you don’t have your main pump with you and this manual breast pump has been great in a pinch. When traveling I always make sure to have this in my diaper bag. Tip, make sure to still pump when traveling so you’re milk supply doesn’t start to slow down!
- DockATot: The babies love napping in these and they’re super convenient for travel too. Love all of the fun prints they come in and they also make toy arch now that turns the DockATot into an activity gym!
- Thermometer: This one has a great reputation and is the one we went with.
- Electric Nail Trimmer: Trust us you will be scared to clip your babies nails at first (we were) so instead we opted to use the more gentle nail trimmer on our newborns’ nails.
- Fridababy Big Bundle of Joy 6-Piece Newborn Care Kit: perfect gift for new moms and moms to be in preparation for their little one. This kit features everyday essentials for you and your newborn like the NoseFrida Booger Buster and more.
- Boogie Wipes: It was so sad when Eleanor got her first cold and these wipes came in handy!
PIN THE BELOW IMAGE TO SAVE FOR LATER!
Fortuitous Foodies Guide to Registering at buybuy BABY
1) HALO Bassinest Swivel Sleeper// 2) Zip-Up Footie Pajamas // 3) Philips Avent Soothie Pacifiers // 4) Fridababy Big Bundle of Joy 6-Piece Newborn Care Kit // 5) Dr. Brown’s Bottles & Bottle Warmer Set // 6) BABYBJORN Bouncer Balance // 7) 4 Moms Bath Tub // 8) Burt’s Bees Wash Cloths // 9) UPPAbaby Vista Stroller // 10) DockATot
Remember, buybuy BABY is ready and available to assist all new and expecting parents and will gladly recreate any Babies R Us registries as well. New and expecting parents can be comforted by the fact that buybuy BABY is always here to help!
Please share your baby registry must-haves in the comments below!
For more posts that are all about maternity, baby and motherhood click here
This post is in partnership with buybuy BABY, a brand we love. All opinions are our own.
Beautiful photography by Stephanie Drenka