This Crab Fettuccine Pasta Recipe is perfect for a romantic dinner for two.
- ¼ cup champagne or prosecco
- ¼ cup heavy cream
- 1/3 cup finely chopped shallot
- 2 tablespoons cold unsalted butter, cut into tablespoon pieces
- ½ Tbsp of EVOO
- 1 lb jumbo lump crabmeat, picked over or in crab leg form (whatever your preference is)
- 3 tablespoons chopped fresh basil
- ½ cup peas
- ¼ cup halved cherry tomatoes
- 1 1/2 teaspoons finely grated fresh lemon zest
- 3 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon salt + pepper
- 1/2 lb dried egg fettuccine
- Parmesan cheese optional
Cook pasta in a large pot of boiling salted water, stirring occasionally, until al dente. Drain, reserving ½ cup of pasta cooking liquid.
Meanwhile, melt 1 Tbsp. EVOO with 1/2 Tbsp. Butter in a large skillet over medium heat. Add shallots and stir until just soft, 3–4 minutes. Add garlic and cook, stirring often, until fragrant, about 1 minute. Add ½ cup peas and ¼ cup halved cherry tomatoes cook for about 1 minute.
Add 1/2 Tbsp. lemon juice and 3-4 Tbsp of champagne or prosecco to shallot mixture; add a pinch of salt & pepper. Stir until liquid is almost evaporated, about 1 minute. Then add ¼ cup heavy cream and crab meat.
Toss pasta with crab sauce, basil and 1 Tbsp lemon zest if it’s too thick add some reserved cooking water in a serving bowl.
Once that is ready, place the pasta on the plates and add the crab legs in the middle of each plate, sprinkle with more basil and parmesan cheese if you like and serve immediately.