We were in Austin for my bachelorette party and were exploring SOCO when we came across a Frosé sign outside of Hotel San Jose. We knew we had to stop as we’d heard awesome things about Frosé and being a lover of rosé wine trying this was mandatory! Rosé that’s frozen and whipped into more of a frosty cocktail, yes please or should we say oui, s’il vous plaît!
Our Frosé adventure started as we climbed the ‘Welcome to Hotel San Jose’ stairs and went inside to the cafe lounge area across from the lobby. At the bar we ordered our Frosés and watched in delight as she poured a pink frozen mixture from a margarita machine into a frosty glass. Then she literally took a fresh mint leaf in her hand and slapped it releasing the mint oil and topped off our beautiful and tasty Frosés with it! We took a sip and a mixture of lemonade and rosé tantalized our tongues. AMAZING!
It was even better than we imagined! We had to know the recipe so we could recreate this amazing concoction at home. She shared with us that it’s a combination of rosé, lemonade, sugar and mint. So we took that information and started recipe testing as soon as we got back to Dallas. We finally perfected it and you can try it out for yourself below!
Shop our faves | Rosé All Day!
- 2 cups rosé (a good bottle that is flavorful and fruit forward. We went with a Rioja rosé)
- 1 cup organic lemonade
- 1 Tbsp freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 2 cups ice
- Fresh mint, for garnish (a bundle will do)
- *Can add more sweetness with honey or agave if you like
- Combine rosé, organic lemonade, lemon juice, in a blender
- Then add ice and blend until it looks slushie, this should take around 15 seconds
- Taste! If you would like it a little sweeter you can always add some honey or agave.
- Pour into glasses and garnish with a few fresh mint leaves (Don't forget to slap it!)
SHOP THE RECIPE
Emily & Barbara