Best Wineries to Visit in and near Fredericksburg, Texas
Our Favorite Texas Hill Country Wineries and beyond
- Becker VineyardsGorgeous setting with lavender fields off to the side. Live music on the weekends. Becker wines have even been recognized by the White House! Our favorites are the Reserve Malbec, Ravenswood, Reserve Cab and Claret
- William Chris Vineyards: fun review of their amazing virtual wine tastings here
- Signor Vineyards the dreamiest, prettiest vineyard in Texas! Situated on top of rolling hills where the Pedernales River meets Grape Creek.
- Southhold Farm & Cellar
- Grape Creek Vineyards has a wonderful Tuscany meets Texas vibe. We love their Viognier and Bellissimo.
- They’ve just opened Heath Sparkling Wines and we’re so looking forward to visiting in October 2020!
- Pednernales Cellars – Boasting beautiful sweeping views of the Pedernales River Valley. and set back off of the main road. We love driving up and taking in the landscape which includes cows and Rose Hill Manor. They also have a lovely patio that you can relax on sip your wine and enjoy a cheese plate or two. Tempranillos are the wines to drink here.
- Hilmy– Hilmy Cellars has a different feel than most of the wineries. It’s a bit more rustic with a farm and cactus galore! We really enjoyed their sangria and they have a beautiful back patio. Our friends, the Wandering Wilsons, got engaged here!
- 4.0 Cellars – Modern with a wonderful variety to taste!
- Duchman Family Winery in Driftwood right outside of Austin and fantastic!
- Fallcreek Vineyard right outside of Austin and with the cutest rooms if you’re wanting to stay the night for a quick little getaway
- Perissos (a bit of a drive but fantastic and closer to lake LBJ – read blog posthere)
Wineries on our radar
- Augusta Vin Winery
- Ab Astris Winery
- Slate Mill Collective
- Lost Draw Cellars
- Calais Winery
- Messina Hof
- Lewis Wines
Where to Eat in Fredericksburg and nearby
*Image source: Heavenly Host Falling Star
Where to Stay in Fredericksburg
- Hoffman Haus
- Heavenly Hosts, their new Falling Star accommodations looks amazing!
- Contigo Ranch
- A-Frame Ranch
- The Austin Street Retreat
- Fredericksburg Herb Farm – Sleep in a garden!
- Absolute Charm
- Fredericksburg Inn & Suites
- The Inn Above Town Creek
- Stonewall Motor Lodge
- Njem Haus: Inspirational and Fun, with Pool
- swooning over this stunning airbnb for a weekend with the entire family!
SHOP OUR TRAVEL ESSENTIALS
PIN FOR LATER
Have you been to Fredericksburg and the surrounding Texas Hill Country Wine Trail?
If so, where are your favorite places to visit? Let us know in the comments below!
Emily & Barbara
Also, check out our friend Elaine’s post from Carpe Travel on planning a Texas Hill Country Wine Experience!