Our Go-To Summertime Recipe | Grilled Mexican Street Corn
Grilled Mexican Street Corn is one of our go-to side dishes in the summertime. Texas temps rise to over 90 and we’re headed out to the pool and ready to grill! We were first introduced to this dish while growing up in San Antonio. Barbara and I would go to Southtown for the First Fridays art festival and what food would we gravitate towards?! The stands with the super flavorful, mouth-watering grilled Mexican street corn!
Who can resist the sweet and slightly smokey corn that’s slathered with a mayo and sour cream mixture and then seasoned to perfection with chili, lime, cilantro and cheese!?
It’s both nostalgic and delicious, which is why we also love to make it at home and you can too! Keep reading to see how we’re elevating this dish with a fresh take on traditional mayonnaise! Recipe below!
Recently, we came across a new kind of mayo from Chosen Foods that’s made from coconut! Ever since doing Whole30 in January we’ve become big fans of cooking with coconut so we were excited to try out this elevated mayo! Another thing we love is that this San Diego based health food company believes in real food and specialize in healthy fats, plant based proteins and ancient superfoods and are committed to never using artificial flavors, preservatives or GMOs! Now, this is a brand that we are proud to back and share with you!
Many more reasons why we love this coconut mayo:
- Wholesome source of MCTs
- Non-GMO Project verified
- Soy & Canola free
- Made with cage-free, organic eggs
- Clean ingredients, crazy good taste!
Where can you find it? It’s available at select Kroger stores locations as well as online at chosenfoods.com. Use the discount code: COCONUTBOGO to BUY ONE, GET ONE FREE!!
- - 1/4 cup Chosen Foods Coconut Mayo
- - 1/4 cup sour cream
- - 1/2 cup finely crumbled cotija, plus more for serving
- - 1 teaspoon chili powder or paprika, plus more for serving
- - 1/4 cup finely chopped cilantro leaves
- - 4 ears shucked corn
- - 2 limes, cut into wedge
- - Prepare your grill and while preheating mix the Chosen Foods Coconut Mayo, sour cream and chili powder together. If you need to thin the spread out you can also add some lime juice to it.
- - When you grill is ready place your corn on the grill and cook to your liking rotating every couple of minutes until it’s cooked through and grilled to your liking. (If you don’t have a grill you can also roast it in the oven as an alternative.) When done grilling peel off the husks and set aside
- - Next, take your grilled corn and put as much spread on it as you like! Then top with cilantro, more chili powder, cotija cheese and freshly squeezed lime juice and you’re ready to eat!
Thank you Mambo Sprouts & Chosen Foods for sponsoring this post!