Christmas is a week and a half away and we’re busy creating our holiday menus! We’re excited to be hosting our family this year in our new home and since both Barbie and I are pregnant we came up with a festive holiday punch that can be made as a cocktail or mocktail… bourbon optional!
The star ingredient in this holiday mocktail recipe is, our favorite, ginger beer! We recently discovered Powell & Mahoney award winning cocktail mixers and they’re now our go to as they’re made with natural ingredients, are gluten-free and batched in small kettles. Quality ingredients make all the difference!
Plus when hosting guests it always a good idea to invite them into your kitchen and have them watch or craft a cocktail or mocktail with you! Who doesn’t love an exciting interactive experience? Plus, Powell & Mahoney products are easy to find as they’re available at your local Whole Foods or Target!
Festive Holiday Mocktail Recipe
- 4 cups organic spiced apple cider
- 1 bottle sparkling apple - cranberry juice
- 1 can Powell & Mahoney ginger beer
- 1 Vanilla bean
- 1 tbsp vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/2 cup organic cane sugar
- Apple slices, cinnamon sticks, star anise, fresh or frozen cranberries and large ice cubes for garnish
- 1 cup bourbon if you want to make it a cocktail instead of mocktail
- Make the vanilla simple syrup by combining water, sugar and vanilla bean in a small pot. Bring to boil and stir until all ingredients are combined and dissolved. Pour into container and stir in vanilla extract. Set aside and let cool completely.
- Pour all ingredients into a pitcher including vanilla syrup and stir well to combine.
- Add in cranberries, apple slices and cinnamon sticks for a fancy touch!
- In your cocktail glass add a large ice cube and pour the holiday punch over it. Then add in your garnishes to really up the wow factor!
SHOP ITEMS NEEDED
USE THE TAG #FORTUITOUSFOODIES WHEN POSTING A PHOTO OF THIS RECIPE, AND MAKE SURE TO FOLLOW THE @FORTUITOUSFOODIES ON INSTAGRAM & TAG US SO WE CAN SHARE!
For more holiday inspiration check out our other blog posts: Easy Christmas Dessert | Fudge Mint Cookie Parfaits, Our Favorite Baked Brie Holiday Appetizer, Holidays In The Texas Hill Country
Emily & Barbie
This post was sponsored by Mambo Sprouts. All thoughts and opinions are our own. Thank you for supporting the brands and companies we love!